NeverFreeze® Snow Melting Mats
Electric Radiant Heating for Driveways, Patios, and Walkways
- Engineered to install in concrete, asphalt, or under pavers
- Customized widths for tire tracks
- Designed for both residential and commercial applications
- Single cold lead wire for easy hookup
- Proven brand-name controls and outdoor-rated sensors
With a NeverFreeze snow melting system, you can watch the snow fall peacefully from inside your warm home without worrying about shoveling your driveway or deicing your walkways. NeverFreeze snow melting mats provides a radiant heat solution that functions as a permanent addition to your outdoor spaces, persisting through any weather conditions that nature may bring. It is an excellent option for high-traffic areas like walkways and steps that are commonly slippery and hazardous.
Driveway & Walkway Heating Mats (240V)
Select multiple mats if needed to meet square foot coverage requirement. Snow melt mats are compatible with asphalt, concrete, and brick surfaces. All mats are for 240V.Contact us for project assistance.
1.2' x 9.0'
1.2' x 14.0'
1.2' x 23.0'
1.2' x 41.0'
1.2' x 55.0'
1.2' x 64.0'
1.2' x 73.0'
1.2' x 83.0'
1.2' x 93.0'
1.2' x 105.0'
Controllers & Sensors
A controller allows customized temperature, moisture, and timing setting for a snow melting system. Add a ground sensor to complete the system. The controller is not rated for outdoor installation, the ground sensor is meant for install flush with the outdoor heated surface.
Controller mounting box (10.5" x 6.5" x 4")
Temp & moisture sensor - 80'
Allows sensor repair/replacement
Air temp sensor
How To Install NeverFreeze Driveway & Walkway Mats
This overview does not substitute for a full reading of the Installation Manual.
The below steps will take you from beginning to end simply, but please refer to the full Installation Manual or call our experts to go over a more detailed installation plan.
NeverFreeze Snow Melting Mats and Cables are an easy way to eliminate the need for shoveling snow or using harmful de-icing chemicals, and NeverFreeze is compatible with almost any type of driveway, walkway, or patio material.
Before beginning your installation:
- Plan the locations of all components, such as your ground sensor, relay box, and controller.
- Take notes on locations and layout of mats and other components for future reference.
- Consider the full process of the installation of the surface material before beginning.
Choose Driveway / Walkway Surface
1Prepare the installation area
- Compact the base layer and if needed the base layer of asphalt.
- Remove any debris that will damage the heating elements.
2Lay out the heating mats
- Unroll the mats and position as needed.
- If laying tire tracks, measure space between tires on your cars. If one car has a wider space between tires, you can use wider mats as to accommodate both. You can also use one wider mat and one thin mat to minimize power consumption.
- Mark the placement of the mats for future reference.
3Install conduits for electrical leads and sensors
- Sensor housing must be positioned between heating elements.
- Prepare conduit before applying final asphalt layer.
- Ensure the leads and heaters do not overlap.
4Apply the asphalt to the driveway
- Always shovel a layer of asphalt onto the heating mats before driving any equipment on top.
- When working, use lightest equipment available as not to damage the heating cables.
- Be careful not to nick or damage cable while raking asphalt over cables.
5Make the electrical connections
- Always use a licensed electrician to make the final electrical connections.
6Allow the system to melt the snow as it falls
- Enjoy never shoveling again!
1Prepare the installation area
- Mark the heating area
- Remove any debris that will damage the heating elements
2Lay out the heating mats
- Place your mats to cover the heating area.
3Install electrical conduits for electrical leads and sensors
4Install top layer of sand and pavers.
5If installing on stairs, read the manual and contact support with any questions.
NeverFreeze Driveway & Walkway Snow Melting Mats FAQ
Will the snow refreeze into ice once melted?
How long will it take for the snow to melt?
What is the lowest temperature that a snow melt system can handle?
What type of conduit should I use to bring power to the heating cables?
Will I need a new/expanded electrical panel for my snow melting system?
How much power does the system use?
How much does the snow melting system cost to operate?
How much does a snow melting system cost?
What happens if the cable is damaged during the installation?
May I overlap the heating cable?
May I cut the cold lead wires?
Can I cut the heating cable if it is too long for the application for which it was designed?
How does the electric snow melting system compare to hot water tubing (hydronic) systems?
Features of NeverFreeze Driveway & Walkway Snow Melting Mats:
- Eliminates costly plowing and labor intensive snow removal
- Single point connection
- Tough to withstand installation
- ETL Listed in the U.S. and Canada
- Industry leading Direct US based support
- 10-year warranty against manufacturing defects
Our Commitment to You
Supported by Real People
We know that being the best doesn’t just mean superior products, it means backing them up with superior service.
Priority 1: Making You Happy
Creating joy and comfort with our heat applications is our primary motivation.
American-made quality, easy installation, and safe operation. All competitively priced for the best value in radiant heating.
Innovative & Reliable Design
Pushing the industry forward with innovation and here for long haul with the greatest reliability. That’s why our systems are in our homes too.
Understanding Your Needs
ThermoSoft is the best partner for your project because we know when to listen, and when to offer guidance.
Our reputation is one of our best assets. We developed that reputation by delivering on every promise.