ThermoTile® Electric In-Floor Heating Mats
Radiant Heat for Any Floor Type When Embedded in Cement or Mortar
- Easy DIY install: Single 10' lead, 18" heating width, and easy cut & turn feature designed for tight spaces
- Durable antifracture fiberglass mesh engineered to keep cable flat and strenghten floor
- 3/16" thin for minimal added floor height
- 12 W/ft² heat output with zero EMF
- Made in USA & UL Listed
Love the elegant look of tile floors but dread the chill? ThermoSoft has the answer. ThermoTile mats can be installed under most types of flooring and are especially perfect for tile and stone. The easy installation of this 1/8 inch thick radiant in-floor heating system won't strain your muscles or your schedule. This innovative product can be manipulated to fit rooms of all shapes and sizes, and by embedding in cement or mortar, you have a safe and compatible heat system for any floor type. The installation of this heating mat will actually strengthen your floor!
Floor Heating Mats
Combine mats as needed to fit open walkable space, avoiding areas covered by cabinets, vanities or other permanent fixtures. The heating mats can be reshaped but cannot be shortened, so avoid over-filling. Each mat will connect to the thermostat, so larger mats will reduce required connections. On a sole thermostat, 120V mats cover up to 150 ft²; 240V mats cover up to 300 ft². DO NOT MIX VOLTAGES.Contact us for project assistance.
1.5' x 5.0'
1.5' x 7.0'
1.5' x 10.0'
1.5' x 15.0'
1.5' x 20.0'
1.5' x 30.0'
1.5' x 40.0'
1.5' x 50.0'
1.5' x 60.0'
1.5' x 70.0'
Synthetic cork underlayment (24" x 48" x 3/16")
Thermostats & Critical Components
A floor heating thermostat is necessary to control your radiant heat system. Most of our floor heating thermostats are dual-voltage and include a 5ma GFCI, unlike models from online warehouse retailers. A thermostat is capable of a 15-amp load; adding a power module or relay will increase system load capacity. Each includes a floor sensor, but a backup is recommended. Select 1 thermostat for each zone desired. Contact an expert for guidance.
Avoid future replacement headaches (15'). Include 1 per thermostat.
2-Gang electrical box, conduit & connectors. Include 1 per thermostat.
Monitor mats for faults during install
Verify resistance before/after install
In-floor temp & humidity monitor.
Doubles the capacity of 1 thermostat
10' lead extension for ThermoTile 120V
20' lead extension for ThermoTile 120V
10' lead extension for ThermoTile 240V
20' lead extension for ThermoTile 240V
Tools & Kits
Save 20% over buying separately
Save 15% over buying separately
Save 9% over buying separately
Plastic trowel prevents accidental cable nicks
Plastic trowel prevents accidental cable nicks
Protect the heat wires
1" wide, 10 yards long
Simplifies and speeds up install
Extra glue sticks
Use as barrier for self-leveling cement
Used with tile install
How To Install ThermoTile Heating Mats
This overview does not substitute for a full reading of the Installation Manual.
The below steps will take you from beginning to end simply, but please refer to the full Installation Guidelines or call us to go over a more detailed installation plan.
ThermoTile Mats are an easy way to add heat to a tile floor, and can even work for almost any other type of floor covering.
Before beginning your installation:
- Ensure that you have a structurally sound subfloor.
- Confirm that your mortar or thinset cement is comaptible with your subfloor type.
- Choose a starting point for the beginning of the heating mat(s), we suggest beginning near the planned placement of the thermostat.
1Make sure you have the right amount of material.
- The mats should cover the entire floor space.
- Follow heating cable spacing from walls and studs according to the manual.
- Heating elements should be in areas where you can walk, stand, or want to heat. See your manual for areas to avoid heating.
- Contact support if you have any questions prior to your installation.
2Prepare the conduit(s) and gangbox for the addition of the floor heating thermostat.
- Complete electrical rough-in.
- This step may be done after cable is laid but is more difficult to do later as location of thermostat may change location of heating system.
3Lay out the mats to cover your heated area.
- Cut the mesh to turn the mat and fit your room shape
- Stay 3 inches off walls and 4-6 inches from toilet rings.
- DO NOT cut the heating wire. To fit tight spaces, heating cable can be separated from the mesh and positioned 'loosely'.
4Position your floor temperature sensor and your backup sensor evenly between 2 heating elements.
- Place sensors close to the planned location of the thermostat, as the floor sensor is wired directly to the thermostat.
- Weave the senor in the mesh so that the plastic end of the sensor is equally spaced between two heating elements.
- If you did not order a backup floor sensor, we highly recommend ordering one now before the floor is installed.
5Spread thinset mortar or self-leveling cement over ThermoTile Mat(s).
- Use a plastic trowel if spreading mortar for tile or stone floors.
- Use an appropriate self-leveler if planning a carpet, laminate, wood, or vinyl installation.
6Lay tile and grout as normal.
- Take extreme care not to allow a sharp tool to damage your heating system. These final 2 steps are the most common instances of accidental damage to the heating cable or other wiring.
ThermoTile Mats FAQ
What are ThermoTile mats?
Are ThermoTile mats safe for my home or business? What about Electromagnetic Field (EMF)?
Can I use ThermoTile with my floor material?
How do I install ThermoTile mats? How does it all get connected?
Will ThermoTile mats add height to my floor?
Can I combine more than one ThermoTile mat to fit a space?
Can I cut, shorten, or reshape the system?
Can I shorten the lead wires?
What do I do with areas not covered by the heating system?
Is this mesh on ThermoTile mats something that I really want in my floor?
How many watts per square foot does ThermoTile output?
How much will it cost to run this system?
How hot does ThermoTile get?
How long will ThermoTile last? How long is the warranty for ThermoTile mats?
I’m still confused about ThermoTile mats.
Features of ThermoTile Mats
- Made in the USA
- Designed to minimize time and labor
- UL Listed in the U.S. and Canada
- Zero EMF
- Compatible with all floor coverings
- Floor heating adds comfort and property values
- Tough to withstand installation
- Pair with insulation for faster heat-up
- Designed for life
- Smart when combined with a WiFi thermostat
- Backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Our Commitment to You
Supported by Real People
We know that being the best doesn’t just mean superior products, it means backing them up with superior service.
Priority 1: Making You Happy
Creating joy and comfort with our heat applications is our primary motivation.
American-made quality, easy installation, and safe operation. All competitively priced for the best value in radiant heating.
Innovative & Reliable Design
Pushing the industry forward with innovation and here for long haul with the greatest reliability. That’s why our systems are in our homes too.
Understanding Your Needs
ThermoSoft is the best partner for your project because we know when to listen, and when to offer guidance.
Our reputation is one of our best assets. We developed that reputation by delivering on every promise.