Sale ends in 1h54m
Electric In-Floor Heating for Tile or Any Floor Type
- Loose cable engineered to fit any space and any floor type
- 10-12 W/ft² output designed for ideal heat distribution
- 1/8" profile cable for minimal added floor height
- Made in the USA
When you need an underfloor heat product for flexible application, ThermoTile Cable is the right solution. ThermoTile can be installed under most types of floor coverings including wood, laminate, vinyl, carpet, and, of, course tile. Because it is loose cable, ThermoTIle radiant heat can be applied to areas of any size or shape. ThermoTile cable can be arranged using our FixFast strips under a self-leveler for a budget-friendly option.
Floor Heating Cable
Combine cables as needed to fit open walkable space, avoiding areas covered by cabinets, vanities or other permanent fixtures. The heating cable cannot be shortened, so avoid over-filling. Each cable will connect to the thermostat, so larger cables will reduce required connections. At 3" spacing on a sole thermostat, 120V cables cover up to 150 ft²; 240V cables cover up to 300 ft². DO NOT MIX VOLTAGES.Contact us for project assistance.
Secures the cable to subfloor
Synthetic cork underlayment (24" x 48" x 3/16")
Thermostats & Critical Components
A floor heating thermostat is necessary to control your radiant heat system. Most of our floor heating thermostats are dual-voltage and include a 5ma GFCI, unlike models from online warehouse retailers. A thermostat is capable of a 15-amp load; adding a power module or relay will increase system load capacity. Each includes a floor sensor, but a backup is recommended. Select 1 thermostat for each zone desired. Contact an expert for guidance.
Avoid future replacement headaches (15'). Include 1 per thermostat.
2-Gang electrical box, conduit & connectors. Include 1 per thermostat.
Monitor mats for faults during install
Verify resistance before/after install
In-floor temp & humidity monitor.
Doubles the capacity of 1 thermostat
10' lead extension for ThermoTile 120V
20' lead extension for ThermoTile 120V
10' lead extension for ThermoTile 240V
20' lead extension for ThermoTile 240V
Tools & Kits
Save 20% over buying separately
Save 15% over buying separately
Save 9% over buying separately
Plastic trowel prevents accidental cable nicks
Plastic trowel prevents accidental cable nicks
Protect the heat wires
1-7/8" wide, 60 yards long
Simplifies and speeds up install
Extra glue sticks
Use as barrier for self-leveling cement
Used with tile install
How To Install ThermoTile Heating Cable
This overview does not substitute for a full reading of the Installation Manual.
The below steps will take you from beginning to end simply, but please refer to the full Installation Manual or call us to go over a more detailed installation plan.
ThermoTile Cables are an easy way to add heat to a tile floor, and can even work for almost any other type of floor covering.
Before beginning your installation:
- Ensure that you have a structurally sound subfloor.
- Choose a starting point for the beginning of the cable, we suggest beginning near the planned placement of the thermostat.
1Make sure you have the right amount of material.
- Follow heating cable spacing from walls and studs according to the manual.
- Heating elements should be in areas where you can walk, stand, or want to heat. See your manual for areas to avoid heating.
- Contact support if you have any questions prior to your installation.
2Prepare the conduit(s) and gangbox for the addition of the floor heating thermostat.
- Complete electrical rough-in.
- This step may be done after cable is laid but is more difficult to do later as location of thermostat may change location of heating system.
3Position the heating cables throughout the room.
- Place both sensors close to the planned location of the thermostat, beacuse the floor sensor is connected directly to the thermostat.
- Use hot glue, tape, or metal straps to secure the heating cable to the subfloor.
- Turn the cable in appropriate patterns and fit your room shape.
- Do NOT cut the heating cable.
4Position your floor temperature sensor and your backup sensor evenly between 2 heating elements.
- Highly recommended to install a backup sensor.
- Position sensor evenly between 2 heating cables.
- If you did not order a backup floor sensor, we highly recommend ordering one now before the floor is installed.
5Spread thinset mortar or self-leveling cement over ThermoTile Heating Cable.
- Use a plastic trowel if spreading mortar for tile or stone floors.
- Use an appropriate self-leveler if planning a carpet, laminate, or vinyl installation.
6Lay tile and grout as normal.
- Take extreme care not to allow a sharp tool to damage your heating cables or sensors. These final 2 steps are the most common instances of accidental damage.
ThermoTile Cable Documents
ThermoTile Cable FAQ
What is ThermoTile?
Is this a safe product to put in my home or business? What about Electromagnetic Field/EMF?
Can I use ThermoTile with my floor material?
How do I install ThermoTile? How does it all get connected?
Will this add height to my floor?
Can I combine more than one cable to fit a space?
Can I cut, shorten, or reshape the system?
Can I shorten the lead wires?
What do I do with areas not covered by heating system?
How many watts per square foot does ThermoTile Cable output?
How much will it cost to run this system?
How hot does ThermoTile get?
How long will ThermoTile last? How long is the warranty?
I’m still confused.
Features of ThermoTile Cable
- Made in the USA
- Low-Profile limits added height or need for transitions
- UL Listed in the U.S. and Canada
- Zero EMF
- Compatible with all floor coverings
- Floor heating adds comfort and property values
- Tough to withstand installation
- Pair with insulation for faster heat-up
- Designed for life
- Smart when combined with a WiFi thermostat
- Backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Our Commitment to You
Supported by Real People
We know that being the best doesn’t just mean superior products, it means backing them up with superior service.
Priority 1: Making You Happy
Creating joy and comfort with our heat applications is our primary motivation.
American-made quality, easy installation, and safe operation. All competitively priced for the best value in radiant heating.
Innovative & Reliable Design
Pushing the industry forward with innovation and here for long haul with the greatest reliability. That’s why our systems are in our homes too.
Understanding Your Needs
ThermoSoft is the best partner for your project because we know when to listen, and when to offer guidance.
Our reputation is one of our best assets. We developed that reputation by delivering on every promise.