NeverFreeze® Snow Melting Cable
Electric Radiant Heating for Driveways, Patios, and Walkways
- Engineered to install in concrete, asphalt, or under pavers
- Designed for both residential and commercial applications
- Single cold lead wire for easy hookup
- Proven brand-name controls and outdoor-rated ground sensors
With a NeverFreeze snow melting system, you can watch the snow fall peacefully from inside your warm home without worrying about shoveling your driveway or deicing your walkways. NeverFreeze snow melting cable provides a radiant heat solution that functions as a permanent addition to your outdoor spaces, persisting through any weather conditions that nature may bring. It is an excellent option for high-traffic areas like walkways and steps that are commonly slippery and hazardous.
Driveway & Walkway Heating Cable
NeverFreeze cables are optimized to deliver the same heat output while providing 30% more coverage than competing snow melting cables. Less cable translates to a lower project cost and fewer cable securement points resulting in an easier installation. Reach out to our technical support team for 208V, 277V, 480V, and 600V applications.Contact us for project assistance.
Snow Melt Controllers & Sensors
Customize temperature, moisture, and timing settings with a snow and ice melting controller. A ground or aerial sensor is required for a complete system. Some controllers are not rated for outdoor installation. Ground sensors are designed for flush installation with the outdoor heated surfaces. Contact an expert for guidance.
How To Install NeverFreeze Driveway & Walkway Cable
This overview does not substitute for a full reading of the Installation Manual.
The below steps will take you from beginning to end simply, but please refer to the full Installation Manual or call us to go over a more detailed installation plan.
NeverFreeze Snow Melting Mats and Cables are an easy way to eliminate the need for shoveling snow or using harmful de-icing chemicals, and NeverFreeze is compatible with almost any type of driveway, walkway, or patio material.
Before beginning your installation:
- Plan the locations of all components, such as your sensor, relay box, and controller.
- Take notes on locations and layout of cables and other components for future reference.
- Consider the full process of the installation of the surface material before beginning.
1Run conduit for your Ground Sensor.
- One end of conduit will lead to the controller, the other will end at the indended location of your ground sensor.
- Use a wide enough conduit for easy installation and replacement of ground sensor if needed.
- Fit the sensor sleeve in the conduit to suit the eventual installation of the sensor.
2Run conduits for the cold lead wires of the heating cables.
- One end of conduit will lead to the controller or relay, the other will end at the indended beginning of the heating cable.
- Use a wide enough conduit for easy installation of the lead wire.
3Lay out the heating cable along the ground.
- If using rebar or steel mesh, attach the heating cable to the rebar or mesh with zip ties or another fastener.
- If not using a mesh, lay out the heating cable in the sand bed beneath the eventual surface material. Do not apply all of the sand before installing the heating cable as the heating cable must be covered by 1 inch of sand.
4Ensure that all heating systems are securely placed and begin laying the surface material.
- Take care not to cover the sensor sleeve or disturb the layout of the heating cable.
- Giving proper cure time before applying heat can help your driveway, walkway, or patio maintain its intended structural integrity.
5Make the electrical connections
- Always use a licensed electrician to make the final electrical connections.
NeverFreeze Driveway & Walkway Snow Melting Cable FAQ
Will the snow refreeze into ice once melted?
How long will it take for the snow to melt?
What is the lowest temperature that a snow melting system can handle?
What type of conduit should I use to bring power to the heating cables?
Will I need a new/expanded electrical panel for my snow melting system?
How much power does the system use?
How much does the snow melting system cost to operate?
How much does a snow melting system cost?
What happens if the cable is damaged during the installation?
May I overlap the heating cable?
May I cut the cold lead wires?
Can I cut the heating cable if it is too long for the application for which it was designed?
How does the electric snow melting system compare to hot water tubing (hydronic) systems?
Features of NeverFreeze Driveway & Walkway Cable:
- Eliminates costly plowing and labor intensive snow removal
- Single point connection
- Tough to withstand installation
- ETL Listed in the U.S. and Canada
- Industry leading Direct US based support
- 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects
Our Commitment to You
Supported by Real People
We know that being the best doesn’t just mean superior products, it means backing them up with superior service.
Priority 1: Making You Happy
Creating joy and comfort with our heat applications is our primary motivation.
American-made quality, easy installation, and safe operation. All competitively priced for the best value in radiant heating.
Innovative & Reliable Design
Pushing the industry forward with innovation and here for long haul with the greatest reliability. That’s why our systems are in our homes too.
Understanding Your Needs
ThermoSoft is the best partner for your project because we know when to listen, and when to offer guidance.
Our reputation is one of our best assets. We developed that reputation by delivering on every promise.