ThermoFloor® Radiant Heating Mats
Electric In-Floor All-In-One Underlayment
- Constructed with underlayment pad
- 8-10 W/ft² output perfect for wood, vinyl, or laminate floors
- FiberThermics® heating elements with Thermal Cut-Off for increased safety
- 1/8" total system thickness, equal to blank padding
- Made in USA & ETL Listed
Floating floors are becoming more common and desirable because of their ease of installation, padded underlayment, time and material savings. ThermoSoft created ThermoFloor to make the addition of radiant heat to your floating floor installation project easier than ever. ThermoFloor is a 4-in-1 (heating, insulating, noise reducing, moisture abating) radiant heating system designed for laminate, glue-down and floating hardwood and engineered wood floors. No cement needed! Enjoy the patented safety of FiberThermics heating technology and high-quality multi-functional underlayment padding in this all-in-one American-made solution.
In-Floor Heating Mats
Combine mats as needed to fit open walkable space, avoiding areas covered by cabinets, vanities or other permanent fixtures. The heating mats cannot be shortened, so avoid over-filling. Each mat will connect to the thermostat, so larger mats will reduce required connections. On a sole thermostat, 120V mats cover up to 200 ft²; 240V mats cover up to 400 ft². DO NOT MIX VOLTAGES.Contact us for project assistance.
|TF3002-120||3.0' x 2.0'|
|TF3003-120||3.0' x 3.0'|
|TF3004-120||3.0' x 4.0'|
|TF3005-120||3.0' x 5.0'|
|TF3006-120||3.0' x 6.0'|
|TF3008-120||3.0' x 8.0'|
|TF3010-120||3.0' x 10.0'|
|TF3012-120||3.0' x 12.0'|
Provides acoustic protection while keeping floors level.
Provides acoustic protection while keeping floors level.
Shields against possible dampness encountered on subfloor.
Protects heating wires (4' x 2' x 1/8").
Thermostats & Critical Components
A floor heating thermostat is necessary to control your radiant heat system. Most of our floor heating thermostats are dual-voltage and include a 5ma GFCI, unlike models from online warehouse retailers. A thermostat is capable of a 15-amp load; adding a power module or relay will increase system load capacity. Each includes a floor sensor, but a backup is recommended. Select 1 thermostat for each zone desired.
Avoid future replacement headaches (15'). Include 1 per thermostat.
2-Gang electrical box, conduit & connectors. Include 1 per thermostat.
Monitor mats for faults during install
Verify resistance before/after install
In-floor temp & humidity monitor.
Doubles the capacity of 1 thermostat
A better wire nut for multiple leads
Tools & Kits
Protect the heat wires
1" wide, 10 yards long
1-7/8" wide, 60 yards long
How To Install ThermoFloor Heating Mats
This overview does not substitute for a full reading of the Installation Manual.
The below steps will take you from beginning to end simply, but please refer to the full Installation Manual or call us to go over a more detailed installation plan.
Before beginning your installation:
- Ensure that you have a structurally sound subfloor.
- If flooring over an existing vinyl, the existing vinyl must be adhered securely to the subfloor and must be clean.
- Use a 6 mil vapor barrier film if installing on a slab on grade.
1Make sure you have the right amount of material.
- The mats should cover the entire floor space.
- Follow heating mats spacing from walls according to the manual.
- Heating elements should be in areas where you can walk, stand, or want to heat. See your manual for areas to avoid heating.
- Contact support if you have any questions prior to your installation.
2Prepare conduits and electrical boxes for thermostat installation later.
- Complete electrical rough-in.
- This step may be done after cable is laid but is more difficult to do later as location of thermostat may change location of heating system.
3Position and lay out mat, heating element facing up.
- Duct tape ends to each other to remain in place side by side.
- Stickers should be facing towards the ceiling.
4Add underlayment in unheated area to level the floor.
- Underlayment should be laid just like mats and will line up in thickness.
- Highly recommended to install a backup sensor.
- Position sensor evenly between 2 heating cables.
- Cut out a notch in the bottom of a flooring plank to house sensor, insuring floor stays level.
6Install floating floor on top.
- Consult your flooring manufacturer’s instruction manual for details
Note: If you are using a glued down wood floor, consider WarmStep. If you have a specific reason that you are gluing over pad, ThermoFloor is compatible with a glued down wood floor, but in most cases WarmStep is a better option for glued down wood floor.
ThermoFloor Mats FAQ
What is ThermoFloor?
Is this a safe product to put in my home or business?
Can I use ThermoFloor with my floor material? What if my project uses an underlayment?
How do I install ThermoFloor? How does it all get connected?
Will this add height to my floor?
Can I combine more than one ThermoFloor Mat to fit a space?
Can I cut, shorten, or reshape the system?
Can I shorten the lead wires?
What do I do with areas not covered by heating system?
Is the pad used in ThermoFloor any good?
How many watts per square foot does ThermoFloor output?
How much will it cost to run this system?
How hot does ThermoFloor get?
How long will ThermoFloor last? How long is the warranty?
I'm still confused.
Features of ThermoFloor Mats
- Made in the USA
- Available in length increments of 1 foot
- Factory-attached 20’ lead wires
- Compatible with most floating floor coverings
- Low profile eliminates the need for transitions
- ETL Listed in the U.S. and Canada
- Floor heating adds comfort and property values
- Smart when combined with a WiFi thermostat
- Designed for life
- Backed by 10 year warranty
Our Commitment to You
Supported by Real People
We know that being the best doesn’t just mean superior products, it means backing them up with superior service.
Priority 1: Making You Happy
Creating joy and comfort with our heat applications is our primary motivation.
American-made quality, easy installation, and safe operation. All competitively priced for the best value in radiant heating.
Innovative & Reliable Design
Pushing the industry forward with innovation and here for long haul with the greatest reliability. That’s why our systems are in our homes too.
Understanding Your Needs
ThermoSoft is the best partner for your project because we know when to listen, and when to offer guidance.
Our reputation is one of our best assets. We developed that reputation by delivering on every promise.